Sunday, September 20, 2009

6 more sleeps!!!


To be more specific- Michelle and I leave for Vermont in 6 days!!! Ever since we were little girls we counted down by 'sleeps'. I know this blog is primarily to journal my running and riding but honestly, it's all I can think of these days. I am so beside myself with excitement as the day grows near that I think I pee myself just a little every time I think of it!! To give you a bit of background, a co-worker and her husband took a bicycle tour with this company about 17 years ago. When she got back and I saw her pictures I knew at that very moment it was something I MUST DO. Well as we all know, life gets in the way. I was a single mother with 2 small children- this was not something I was going to be doing anytime soon.... fast forward 15 years -sister and I are now riding our bicycles thru southern Vermont and thoroughly enjoying EVERY SINGLE MOMENT. I knew then that I'd be back... which brings us to now, 2 years later, we are counting down the days till we leave again. This time we will be riding thru Northern Vermont, one day we will ride into Canada, one day into New York and we will also be doing some Kayaking... hold on while I go change my pants.... Ok I'm back. As if that wasn't enough, we met some of the nicest people on our last tour and I've kept in touch with one of the couples who live in Austin, Tx. They are going to be meeting us there and joining us on our tour!! And.... I've also kept in touch with the tour leaders we had the last time and have requested them, they have also told their office that they would love to be tour leaders on this tour so there's a good chance we will see them also!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bernie! I love finding other healthy mama's out here in the blogosphere!

What an AWESOME opportunity, I would LOVE to do something like that!

I never counted down sleeps until I had kids and now we do it all. the. time. It's how I refer to anything related to time for my 5 yo and she totally gets it.

FUN! Can't wait to read all about your adventure!

Alison (from Mama's Weeds!)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

That sounds AMAZING! Hope you have the best time.. Pack the Depends if needed :)

I love counting down the SLEEPS