Sunday, February 8, 2009

I eat therefore I run (or ride)....

I think that would be a cute saying to put on my license plate frame. It came to me one day when my stomach was trying to convince me I hadn't eaten in days when in fact it had only been a couple hours. It's no secret that I LOVE FOOD but I've noticed in the past couple of weeks I'll be absolutely fine one minute and the very next minute I will be starving as if I hadn't eaten in days. It's the weirdest thing.

This morning Michelle and I had breakfast and then headed out for our 30 mile ride and about 5 miles after we headed back from the beach, WHAM-O there was that appetite!! With 10+ miles to go all I had was Lemon Sublime GU and down it went.... you gotta be desperate to down Lemon Sublime GU!! The weather was fabulous, beach was bright blue skies and fluffy white clouds but about 8 miles from home it got really dark and the sky opened up and poured on us. I don't think a hot shower ever felt so good!! I think we're as ready as we are going to be for next weekend and I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: