Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Say hello to my little friend!!

Yep that's right folks, my little friend Garmin who is also known in this home as my 4th child!
Garmin arrived bright and early this morning and was taken on his Innaugural Run tonight. He performed fabulously. I on the other hand not so much...
I am still fairly congested from the cold I had last week and for some reason was really sore from Saturdays 5k and had this knot in my right calf the entire time I was running. I'm not even going to post the stats from my first workout their so pathetic... I ran 2 miles and took quiet a few walk breaks but even though the run wasn't what I had hoped it would be I did learn a couple things so it wasn't a complete bust.
  1. just because it rained does not mean it is cold out - the long sleeve shirt was overkill and almost unbearably HOT!
  2. Never, I repeat NEVER forget to stretch after a 5k - or you'll pay for it later
  3. A lot of times when I'm running and start to feel winded, I would start to feel like my heart rate was too high...based on tonights run my heart rate never maxed out. It did get up there but never reached my max so I need to stop using that as an excuse and just suck it up and run, slow down if needed but stop using it as an excuse to walk.
Well my friends, I'm off to shower and crawl into bed...tonights reading material will be my Garmin Owner's Manual, I must learn all it can do!


xoxo,

No comments: