Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Where to begin....   ok after 2 really good runs in a row,  I had high hopes of setting a new PR for the 5k Turkey Trot.  I'll save you the suspense- it didn't happen.  BUT and I say BUT because I give myself and Michelle and Josh all KUDOS for even running the darn thing!  Let me say that I was woke up this morning by the sound of thunder... yes thunder.  By the time I even poured my cup of coffee it was raining buckets.  I was still hopeful thinking that maybe by the time I left or worse case by the time we had to run it would be over....  so I get ready and leave (still pouring).  Drive to Dana Point and about 5 min from my exit I hear a "special report" on the radio that goes something like this "There is a storm system approx 15 miles off the coast of Dana Point (yep that's where I'm going) that is capable of producing a WATER SPOUT.  All boats and watercraft are advised to take safe harbor and people are instructed to stay indoors"   What the foolio!?!  I'm driving right into the storm to run a 5k!  I must be crazy... but I continue on because we're already this far we may as well "check it out" right?  So we get there, by now it's only drizzling,  park about 1 mile away from the start line.  Start walking thru the river that was once a street, shoes are completely soaked thru and we're there.  We figure we drove all that way in the rain and are already wet so we may as well run.  Then there's the fact that I had about 12 people donate to the cause, the least I can do is run!  So we run...  by the time we actually started running it had stopped so it wasn't bad at all.  Josh ran an awesome time and mine was 37:12 which sucked but oh well...it was fun after all.   

On Saturday morning Michelle and I met at 8:00am for a 40 mile ride that ended up being way too ambitious considering we had not ridden in about 2 months and did a 5k two days earlier...so we ended up with 30 miles that took every last drop of effort on my part.  I seriously don't think I could have rode one more mile unless my life depended on it...  but it was a beautiful day and it was fun!

All in all I'm very happy because I ended up running about 9 miles and riding 30 miles for the week.  Not a bad week of exercise if you ask me.  YAY!!

No comments: