Monday, November 24, 2008

one foot in front of the other...

It sounds easy, one foot in front of the other... that's basically what running is.  But geez, could we get some consistency here?!  Yesterday evening Michelle and I and the kids all met over at Yorba Regional Park to get a run in.  We had not run together since our last 5k.  The kids had their bike and scooter and our plan was to run 3 miles on the bike trail along the riverbed, but when we got there we realized the path thru the park is a 5k trail, so we decided to run that.  We started out together and then about half way thru I inched ahead of her and I had one of the best runs I have ever run!  I felt good, my legs felt good and everything just melded together... which explains my question- why can't they all be like that?   I was a little worried early in the day because I have still been coughing alot from my "smoke run" last week.  But I didn't cough at all while I was running.  I wonder too if it had anything to do with the time of day- evening vs. morning?  I just wish I could feel that good on every run but for some reason it feels like every other run is good and every other one is just so so or a struggle...  I better try and get my "so so" run in before thursday mornings 5k!  I'm really looking forward to it!  

No comments: